Kathi’s passion and her tremendous empathy for caregivers is not only a source of inspiration, but provides valuable education and first‐hand insight into how families can cope with a life changing event.
Michael Brant-Zawadzki, MD, FACR, Executive Medical Director, Hoag Neurosciences Institute
Through the Kathi’s Caregivers Program, the foundation offers short-term financial subsidies for caregivers in need.
To be considered for the Kathi’s Caregivers Program, the caregiver must be a full or part-time family caregiver and be able to demonstrate financial hardship.
To apply for a grant, please download and fill out the application as well as the HIPPA Compliance Waiver Form. All applications are reviewed and considered in a timely manner.
TIP: Always be prepared for whatever life brings your way! Remember to keep your medical information handy on an emergency information card that stays with you at all times. Include your insurance company (phone, group, and ID numbers), medications, doctor’s name and number, and the phone numbers and email addresses of important contacts (children, spouse, friends, etc.). Remember to update it when the information changes. This card could save your life by providing vital information a doctor might need in an emergency. This sample Emergency Information Sheet may be downloaded for use by any caregiver.
- AARP Family Caregiving
- Alzheimer’s Association
- American Cancer Society
- Caregiver Action Network
- Caring.Com’s Senior Care and Assisted Living Guide
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) Covid-19 Updates
- Coast Caregiver Resource Center
- Daily Caring
- Department on Aging
- Family Caregiver Alliance National Center on Caregiving
- Family Proud
- Eldercare Locater
- Independence at Home
- Medicare Plan Finder
- Meals on Wheels
- Military and Veteran Caregiver Network
- National Alliance for Caregiving (NAC)
- National Alliance on Mental Illness
- National Institute on Aging
- Red Cross
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Department of Veterans Affairs
- USC Family Caregiver Support Center
- Venice Family Clinic